Company : Quidco
Location: London, UK
Compensation: £40,000 - £65,000
We are looking for someone who loves iOS, a team player motivated to push mobile technologies, working alongside our team of engineers to design and build the next generation of our mobile applications. This role can be based at either of our two UK offices, in Shoreditch, London or Sheffield, South Yorkshire.
Skills & Requirements
Duties and responsibilities
- Design and build advanced applications for the iOS platform
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Communicate any internal changes to relevant departments in a professional and timely
- Perform as an ambassador for the business during office visits and external events and
- Affect any other reasonable request made by a manager.
- 3+ years of object oriented software development
- Contributed to at least one published native iOS application
- Demonstrated strengths in Objective-C, Swift and the iOS SDK
- Experience working with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core
Animation, Core Graphics and Core Text
- Consuming REST services in iOS applications
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
- Storyboards / XIB
- Developing applications that support multiple versions of iOS, degrading gracefully where applicable
- Demonstrated strict adherence to the Apple App Review Guidelines and iOS Human Interface Guidelines
- Working with Agile methodologies including Scrum and KanBan
- Secure coding practices
- Using version control systems within teams (such as GIT, SVN)
- Creating multilingual applications
- Working with multi-target Xcode projects
- Producing universal binary applications (iPhone + iPad compatible)
- Porting code from Objective-C to Swift; modernising and refactoring code
- Application deeplinking
- Working with Cocoapods
- Understanding of Android applications (Java, Gradle, Android SDK, Google Play)
- Working with a LAMP Stack (PHP, MySQL)