Our plan for the day...
- 8:30 to 9:15, registration, coffee and breakfast
- 9:15 to 10:00, Building distributed systems with distributed teams. Mav Peri, Group CTO and Sean Harrison, Project Manager
- 10:00 to 10:45, Moving to Kubernetes, our experience so far. Konstantinos Konstantinidis, Application Architecture
- 10:45 to 11:00, coffee break
- 11:00 to 11:45, Our AngularJS rewrite, saying goodbye to tech debt. Brian Gouws, Front End Manager
- 11:45 - 12:30, PHP7 and Laravel, Kimon Moustakis, Senior PHP Developer
- 12:30 - 13:30, Lunch
- 13:30 to 14:15, Building a better search experience with Elastic Search, Matthew Wards, PHP development manager
- 14:15 to 15:00, Service Oriented Architecture with Laravel, Flaviu Grosan, Development Manager
- 15:00 to 15:15, coffee break
- 15:15 to 16:00, Monitoring systems with the elastic stack, Richard Pogson Head of Infrastructure
- 16:00 to 16:45, Discussion: building tech hubs in the North.
Our platinum sponsors:
Our gold sponsors
Electric Works, 3 Concourse Way, Sheffield, S1 2BJ
Register for OS@North
Sean Harrison, Senior Project Manager at Quidco
Sean is an experienced Agile IT Project Manager with a unique background in service management. Certified in Scrum and ITIL, experienced in delivering global multi-million pound highly technical and business focused projects. Sean has experience in managing large scale Ecommerce, retail and multichannel projects
Flaviu Grosan, Development Team Lead at Quidco
Flaviu is an Open Source artisan, SOA practitioner, IoT enthusiast, Agile evangelist. Flaviu will talk about a standard approach to SOA, components, benefits and about Enterprise Service Bus. He will also cover SOA with micro services, stateless RESTFul APIs and will explain how Quidco does SOA including adoption of an API Gateway (HTTP routing, statistics collection and basic authentication) over an ESB and and testing.
Matthew Wards, Team lead Quidco
Matt has worked in software for 11 years, working mainly with the PHP and Java languages and associated frameworks and technologies, but has been lucky enough to play with a wide variety of other great technologies. Matt is a particular fan developing microservices with SOLID OOP in Symfony or Spring but his silent passion for DevOps has recently lead him to writing ANT and Jenkins plugins and streamlining build/release processes. In 2015, Matt co-authored an open-source plugin for event-driven document/asset indexing in ElasticSearch for the Pimcore CMS framework. Matt will be talking about how Quidco uses ElasticSearch in a microservice architecture, optimisation concerns and the decision to use ES and the technology stack that facilitates logging and monitoring.
Richard Pogson, Head of Infrastructure at Quidco
Richard is a Technical and DevOps Manager. He enjoys, learning constantly and attempting to pass on what sticks. Richard is an advocate for data privacy and design from the ground up.
Kimon Moutsakis, PHP Developer at Quidco
Kimon has been a web developer for the last five years building web applications and web services primarily using PHP and Laravel with MySQL as well as other technologies such as NodeJS, RabbitMQ, Redis, AWS and others.
Brian Gouws, Front End Team Lead at Quidco
Brian is a lover of web development and using JS to solve problems. When faced with the decision on what technology to use when rewriting a website from scratch Brian choses Angular!
Konstantinos Konstantinidis, Application architecture manager
A long time ago he discovered BSD and the internet and things escalated quickly. Since then he helped build and scale systems from private client-server setups on traditional data centres to public facing web scale distributed systems on the cloud.